To check out how the Blessing Box came about, read my post in The Blessing Box – January
My thanksgiving for February…
* I bought a secondhand set of curriculum to teach Li-Ann word recognition and hopefully later on, writing as well. This lady sold it at a very good price and I’m grateful. A new set would cost many times more. Driving from the west to east on a rainy day was certainly worth it!
* It was a blessing to gather and celebrate the Chinese New Year with our families. The children had great fun playing with their cousins.
* My sister-in-law, upon seeing the blister on Rebecca’s heel, shared about a cream called ‘Foot Glide’ that could help relieve discomfort when wearing new shoes.
* John and Rebecca really enjoyed playing netball with their friends. The kind and encouraging coach, whom they were already familiar with, was very open to them joining the weekly practices. The fees were also very reasonable.
* We had time to catch up with a few families who came back from overseas during CNY. It was a good time of fellowship and the children had a lot of fun taking photos and playing together. For one gathering at my home, I was grateful for hubby, John and Rebecca for helping me clean up after our guests left. The children were excellent in interacting with their friends and making them feel at home, giving the adults time to catch up.
* I was doing sequencing a story with Li-Ann and she wrote ‘1’ by herself in the small box provided. I was so proud of her. Although I wasn’t sure sure if that was a fluke event, I’m thankful she made an attempt. That could be a big step for her.
* I should include this homeschool family that I know even in my January Blessing Box but I forgot (how can I forget??). They are such a wonderful wonderful family. I’m really grateful to the wife who loves me a lot and is always praying (together with her hubby and family) and looking out for me. While her four children are older than mine, they enjoy my children and my children LOVE (wish I can think of an even better word than ‘love’) to spend time with them at their place. We are always so so blessed every time we spent time with them. Today, at their place, I learnt how to make home make fish cake. Really itching to try that out before I forget 🙂
* One day, Rebecca took an extra big square exercise book and got Li-Ann to join the dots to form the number ‘1’. Then she got LA to write the number ‘1’ at least 15 times! And little LA, being the student in the Rebecca’s class, obeyed. WOW!! The power of play and good sibling relationships. I’m certainly overjoyed to see what LA can be motivated to do. Perhaps, through Teacher Rebecca, A* Student LA can learn other numbers and alphabets too. Praise the Lord!